REBEKAH: ON FINDING RHYTHMS + TRUE SELF CARE + THE GIFT OF DOWN SYNDROME
The Real Mom Podcast is back! Season 3 is starting off with a bang, with one of my very favorite authors and teachers, Rebekah Lyons. You know when you read the perfect thing at the perfect time? Well, Rebekah’s new book, Rhythms of Renewal, was that for me. And while this is a book for everyone, I think the lessons on healthy rhythms and the truest form of “self care” will hit the hearts of foster + adoptive moms specifically. Rebekah and I talk about panic attacks and peace, finding the healthy rhythms of input and output, what true and godly self care looks like, adoption and the gift of Down syndrome, Trader Joe’s and their must haves, old books, and life as a revolutionary. Rebekah drops such wisdom this episode. I really believe her message will serve your soul. It’s a good one, friends.
• The intro song, The Source, is brought to you by one of the best new worship bands out there, The Evidence. Yes, the frontman is my (talented, brilliant, adorable, Jesus-loving) cousin. No, that's not why I love them.
• I LOVE LOVE LOVE both the products and the mission of Fawn + Foster. They create organic, high-quality, beautiful baby products like swaddles, bibs, and burp cloths. I’m obsessed with the designs and patterns and–as someone who has used them for a long time–I can tell you that these products hold up. Use the code FOSTERFAMILY to save 20% on your order and FIFTY PERCENT of the proceeds of your purchase will go to the work on Foster the Family’s Community Foster Response. Products you will love and a purchase you can feel great about!
• Rebekah shares about the book of liturgies she reads on repeat, Every Moment Holy, and the devotional, More of Him, Less of Me: A Doctor’s Devotional for Spiritual Health (she loves “old books written by dead people”).
• Rebekah (against doctor’s orders) watched the doc One Nation Under Stress.
• Check out the new podcast, Rhythms for Life, with Rebekah and her husband, Gabe. The lessons from her book, shared more in podcast form. You want to listen to this!
• Rebekah’s new book, Rhythms of Renewal, is tearing up the charts for GOOD REASON. This book will serve your soul. Pick it up now!